The awarded qualification
Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy
The mission of the academic program
The aim of the BA in Pharmacy academic program is to prepare qualified and professional pharmacists well equipped with profound practical and theoretical knowledge. Our program graduates will possess analytical thinking and will be able to conduct research in the field of pharmaceutics, develop new medications, assist the production as well as pursue career at scientific research centers.
The academic program targets
Based on the Mission and the Academic Strategy (2014-2018) of the Eurasia International University the academic program targets the following goals:
- Create collaborative environment in order to offer the education corresponding to both national and European quality assurance standards and the market demand
- Offer the necessary knowledge, skills and capabilities for students to obtain both practical and theoretical knowledge in the field of pharmaceutics
- Provide students with the required general knowledge and skills appropriate for pharmacists
- Contribute to the competitiveness of the students in the market as well as their development as full members of the society who possess analytical thinking and profound knowledge in their professional field
- Encourage students to become life-long learners and always strive towards improvement and continuous self-development
- Encourage the implementation of the students’ research and innovative initiatives by introducing research methods to them
- Boost students’ qualification engaging them in the professional service provided at pharmacies, scientific research centers, as well as pharmaceutical production companies
The applicant should posses the School Certificate of General Secondary Education, or diploma on vocational education with the final transcript (attestat) approving the completion of general or professional secondary education.
- The students who have successfully graduated BA in Pharmacy academic program may be employed as a pharmacist or a pharmacologist at pharmacies, pharmaceutical production companies, scientific research centers and many other related institutions. The graduates of the program may also be employed at various related positions within state infrastructures.
The distinctive features of the EIU Master programs
- Individual approach to every student; personalized development of career opportunities, consulting
- Teaching opportunities for student equipped with practical skills
- Academic programs are designed in a way to meet the needs of a labor market
- Regular sessions with successful and notorious representatives from various spheres
- Numerous opportunities to receive scholarships and continue education abroad (particularly to continue education abroad within the framework of Erasmus + student exchange program sponsored by the European Union)
- Flexible schedule, which allows Master’s students to couple their studies along with their employment (classes are organized in the evening after the working hours and on Saturdays)
Skills and Competences
The major learning outcomes of the program are as follows:
Generic learning outcomes
- analyzing, synthesizing and problem solving capabilities
- individual works, imitativeness and time management skills
- written and aural perfect communication skills in mother tongue
- written and aural communication skills in a foreign language
- computer and telecommunication technologies skills
- information management skills (ability to find and analyze information from different sources)
- leadership, team-working and responsibility
- ability to maintain effective interpersonal relations
- moral and ethical values
- ability to apply knowledge in practice
- self-development skills
- has profound professional knowledge
Specialization learning outcomes
- Knows methods of providing pharmaceutical services including planning and organization of pharmaceuticals
- Knows the modern requirements and approaches of factory and pharmacy drug preparation, quality assurance, standardization, state registration, advertising, destruction of low-quality medicines
- Knows the modern physicochemical methods used for qualitative and quantitative research of medicines, pharmaceutical raw materials, according to the standard technical documentation of different countries
- Knows the process of developing normative documents regulating the conditions for the technology of medicine preparation, quality control, storage.
- Knows the ways to receive and to cultivate medicinal raw materials
- Knows the methods and goals of chemotherapy research
- Knows the principles of clinical pharmacology, requirements and approaches of international drug classification
- Knows the expertise of pharmaceutical companies on medicines use and the skills of providing medical advice to the population to prevent the spread of diseases and improve the patient’s self-centered care.
- Has the skills of emergency pre-treatment care for survivors and patients.
- Has the skills of making individual decisions aimed at the effectiveness of the work of subjects in the field of drug turn-over.
- Has the skills of applying effectively various sources of information in communication technologies and analyzing the received results to improve the population’s personalized medical care and the creation of a healthcare general information system
- Has skills of proper management of pharmaceutical companies, marketing skills in pharmaceutical and medical products
- Has the skills of applying modern scientific research methods during professional activities
- Can develop and teach professional subjects
- Can present and clarify professional and general issues during the performance of their duties
- Can offer typical and alternative solutions to problems arisen under various circumstances
- Can perform the functions of the professional activity in accordance with the established norms Pharmaceutical professionals should respect and protect the privacy of a person
- Can properly perform professional responsibilities when searching, using, and delivering the necessary information or transferring them