MASTER STUDIES (INFORMATION SYSTEMS)
The awarded qualification
Master of Information systems
The mission of the academic program
The aim of the Information Systems Master’s program is to prepare highly qualified and competent professionals in the spheres of information systems and technologies, who may later on conduct academic, research and professional activities, provide professional consulting, as well as correspond to the requirements of the international labor market.
The academic program targets
Based on the Mission and the Academic Strategy (2014-2018) of the Eurasia International University the academic program targets the following:
- Create collaborative environment in order to offer the education corresponding to both national and European quality assurance standards and the market demand
- Offer the necessary knowledge, skills and capabilities for students to obtain both practical and theoretical knowledge in the field of information systems and technologies, which would later on help the program graduates to perform scientific and pedagogical activities
- Provide students with the required general knowledge and skills appropriate for information systems professional
- Contribute to the competitiveness of the students in the market as well as their development as full members of the society who possess analytical thinking and profound knowledge in their professional field
- Encourage students to become life-long learners and always strive towards improvement and continuous self-development
- Conduct research aimed to modernize and internationalize the vocational education
- Conduct rigorous research in the field of information technologies and information systems
- Teach students to conduct independent research and innovative exploration appropriate to the graduate of a Master’s program
- Boost students’ qualification engaging them in the professional service offered to the third parties
- Publicly disseminate the research findings and implications contributing to the field and sharing the experience
The applicant should possess the state diploma on higher professional education.
The students who have successfully graduated the Information Systems Master’s program may be employed in both national and international private organizations as information system and technology competent professionals, instructors, scientists and many other lead professionals.
Who may apply
We welcome all the interested applicants who wish to apply to the Master’s program of Information Systems in order to:
- broaden their professional fundamental knowledge
- acquire new profession
- develop professionally; gain the skills and knowledge currently required in the labor market
The benefits of the EIU Master programs
- Individual approach to every student; personalized development of career opportunities, consulting
- EIU faculty members are all professionals with the leading positions in the industry
- Academic programs are designed in a way to meet the needs of a labor market
- Regular sessions with successful and notorious representatives from various spheres
- Numerous opportunities to receive scholarships and continue education abroad (particularly to pursue education abroad within the framework of Erasmus + student exchange program sponsored by the European Union)
- Flexible schedule, which allows Master’s students to couple their studies along with their employment (classes are organized in the evening after the working hours and on Saturdays)
|Specializations of the academic program||Learning goals and outcomes|
|Information systems||The specialization of information systems offers thorough vocational knowledge. The program develops the appropriate knowledge, skills and capabilities as well as introduces information systems, network structure, methods of information security and protection to the students. It carefully incorporates the practical application of theoretical skills.|
|Information systems development||The specialization of information systems development offers thorough vocational knowledge. The program develops the appropriate knowledge, skills and capabilities as well as introduces informatics, programming methods and languages, algorithms, and object-oriented programming to the students. It carefully incorporates the practical application of theoretical skills.|
|Management information systems||The specialization of management information systems offers thorough vocational knowledge. The program develops the appropriate knowledge, skills and capabilities as well as introduces informatics, programming methods and languages, algorithms, object-oriented programming, and databases to the students. It carefully incorporates the practical application of theoretical skills.|
- General humanitarian courses
- Foreign language
- Tech English
General math courses
- Discrete math
- Applied math and current issues in informatics
- The theory of probability and mathematical statistics
General professional courses
- Big Data
- Modern operating systems
- Data protection and security
- Coding theory
- XML and databases
- Intelligent data analysis
- Analysis of discrete optimization algorithms
The admissions period for the Master’s studies is from May 2 till September 12, 2017.
- Master’s program does not offer free tuition system.
- Those applicants whose previous educational background differs from the program they are applying to, are to take final state exams of bachelor program for the given specialization.
- Master’s program admission is based on the competitiveness. EIU has established a special committee, which needs to approve the applicant’s overall competitiveness. All the applicants are to possess advanced computer skills (particularly Windows, Word, Excel and Internet), English or Russian. The applicants are to take tests to asses the above mentioned skills.
- Application form (download from the website)
- Request to the EIU rector
- A valid state diploma on higher professional education, the original transcript and its copy
- Recommendation letters from the previous educational institution or workplace (if the applicant works). The male applicants who have completed military service do not need to present recommendation letters.
- 6 photos (sized 3×4 cm)
- The list of the publications
- Career change personal statement of purpose
- A copy of the passport or ID card
- The application fee receipt