DISTANCE AND PART-TIME EDUCATION
Distance (remote) education
EIU provides distance education as the institution aims to increase the efficiency of education with the help of implementation of innovative technologies, to benefit and help the students who for a variety of reasons do not have the access or the ability to physically be present throughout the classes receive a quality education. For the successful organization and implementation of distance education, EIU not only uses traditional information technologies, but also employs modern methods and technologies, such as e-text books and academic manuals, educational videos, recordings, computer programs and many other cutting edge technologies. All the instructors upload the required materials to the MOODLE virtual classroom. Student have the access to the Moodle, are free to log in using their individual credentials and take use of all the academic and educational content shared with them. The duration of the distant education is five years, as 240 credits are equally distributed within ten months. The academic program is comprised of two terms, and each term lasts four weeks. The subjects incorporated in the distant education curriculum correspond to the ones designed for the full-time studies including the same modules and credits, yet, physical education is excluded from the distance education curriculum. As it is outlined in the academic program, students taking distant education program are to submit individual projects (both under the supervision of instructors and independently).
- EIU calls for admissions for the 2016-2017 academic year for the following specializations: “Law”, “Management”, and “Finances”.
- All the applicants who have completed secondary, vocational, or preliminary professional education are welcome to apply to EIU regardless their age and previous educational background.
- All the applicants (graduates of the 2016-2017 and previous academic years) are to take entrance exams for the admissions to the university
- All the applicants who wish to take exams or become eligible for the offered specializations are to fill in the admissions application at university /download/
- Admissions documents are accepted in two rounds
- The first round: May 2 – June 18, 6 p.m., 2016
- The second round: June 20 – September 20, 6 p.m., 2016
- No additional documents are accepted after the deadline
- Admissions application and other documents cannot be amended or modified after the deadline
- The applicant may make the necessary amendments in his/her application during the first round of applications. The deadline is July 15, 6 p.m. 2016. Starting from July 16 no modifications are allowed.
- The applicant may make the necessary amendments in his/her application during the second round of applications. The deadline is September 16, 6 p.m. 2016. Starting from September 17 no modifications are allowed.
The applicant is allowed to make changes or withdraw his/her application only after presenting a valid passport, examination paper or the receipt.
- The exams for the first round are scheduled from July 11 till August 1, 2016.
- The exams for the second round are scheduled from September 20 till September 30, 2016.
- The assessment scale for the exam ranges from 1 to 20.